Insight FS awarded 11, $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors as well as college students pursuing a degree in agriculture or a related field.
“We are thrilled to assist these talented individuals as they begin their agricultural journeys,” said Ben
Huber, general manager at Insight FS. “As agriculture evolves rapidly, investing in the future talent that
will drive innovation is crucial. Through our scholarship program, we aim to attract and also empower young minds to enter the field of agriculture, fostering their interest in the diverse range of careers available as well as equipping them with the necessary resources to thrive in the agricultural industry.”
Scholarship applicants are evaluated on academic achievement, active participation in local and state
clubs or groups promoting agriculture and environmental stewardship, leadership potential, and also essay responses. To be eligible, the student must be the dependent of an employee or patron of Insight FS. The student must also maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale and write three essays.
Scholarship recipients included:
- Emma Bangart – Emma attends UW-River Falls pursuing a degree in Dairy Science and also Pre-Veterinary Medicine. She is a 2022 graduate from Marshfield High School.
- Brandon Boyd – Brandon recently graduated from Watertown High School and plans to attend UW-Platteville or UW-Madison to study Agronomy and also Agricultural Education.
- Serena Freriks – Serena is pursuing an Animal Science degree at UW-River Falls and plans to graduate in December 2023.
- Kyle Haldiman – Kyle is an Agribusiness major at UW-Platteville and expects to graduate in May of 2024. Kyle is also a Precision Ag intern at Insight FS this summer and has worked for Insight FS over the last two years.
- Emma Kurtzweil – Emma is a 2023 graduate from Pittsville High School. She will be attending Iowa State University to study Global Resource Systems.
- Mary Lewandowski – Mary is a student at Northcentral Technical College, studying Dairy Science and also Agricultural Business. She expects to graduate in May of 2024.
- Katelyn Meinholz – Katelyn studies Agribusiness at UW-Platteville and expects to graduate in May or December of 2025. She is a 2022 graduate of Deforest Area High School.
- Lily Mitchell – Lily graduated from Wauzeka High School this year and will be attending UW-Platteville in the Fall to study Agribusiness. She expects to graduate in 2027.
- Kortney Sebranek – Kortney is a recent graduate from River Valley High School and will attend UW-Platteville in the Fall. She will be studying Pre-Veterinary Medicine.
- Paige Sweatt – Paige graduated from Lodi High School in May 2023. In the Fall she plans to attend UW-River Falls to study Agricultural Business.
- Serena Wendt – Serena recently graduated from Deforest Area High School in June 2023. She will be attending UW-River Falls, studying Agricultural Business Management.