If you’ve ever enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich or a chocolate shake from the Wisconsin Products Pavilion at the State Fair, then you’ve helped make an impact in dairy education.
The Wisconsin State Fair Dairy Promotion Board raises funds during the fair and it all goes back into giving fairgoers an agricultural experience. Ann Schulz is the coordinator for the Dairy Promotion Board. She says the board is made up of folks passionate about promoting Wisconsin’s $45.6 billion dairy industry during the fair.
The board provides educational opportunities for attendees with its interactive exhibit and cow and goat milking demonstrations. The board raises money through its grilled cheese stand, shake shop and dairy products auction. The dollars help fund scholarships for students pursuing careers in the dairy industry.
Be A Part Of It
- Dairy Lane – educational and interactive exhibits in the heart of the ag village
- Real Wisconsin Cheese Grill – savory grilled cheese fried just the way you like it
- Milking Demonstrations – happening daily at the Milking Parlor
- Blue Ribbon Dairy Product Auction – take some of the best dairy home with you
- Dairyland Shake Shop – enjoy a chocolate or vanilla shake
Schulz says they sell up to 1,000 shakes and 6,000 grilled cheese sandwiches every day. These dollars help fund the Dairy Lane exhibit and the milking demos. She expects the Blue Ribbon Dairy Product Auction to raise about $50,000 for scholarships on Thursday evening. Between all its fundraising opportunities at state fair, the board raises around $100,000 during the 11 days.
Learn more: https://wsfdairypromo.org/