Kick off June Dairy Month at the 40th Annual Cows on the Concourse with some of your favorite dairy celebrities: Wisconsin dairy cows! The event is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m Saturday, June 1, on the Capitol Square at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Main Street. “For the past 40 years, Cows on the Concourse has been the only event that brings cows and baby calves to you,” says Brandon Maly, Cows on the Concourse event chairman. “We also have grilled cheese sandwiches and ice-cold milk you can enjoy while you visit with Wisconsin dairy farmers. We have many activities planned, from educational zones to live music that celebrates Wisconsin’s dairy industry. We would love for everyone to celebrate with our cows and us.” Here’s five fun activities for kids to partake in at Cows on the Concourse.
- Cow Zone: Don’t miss your chance to get up-close with a herd of cows and calves. Wisconsin dairy farmers and other “Moo Experts” will be on hand to answer your questions and share cow care demonstrations.
- Big Cheese Zone: Join us for some tasty, melt-in-your-mouth grilled cheese sandwiches. This year, we will offer two different flavors of cheese. You can wash your sandwiches down with ice-cold chocolate or white milk.
- Ed‟Moo”cation Zone: In this zone, kids can enjoy hands-on activities to learn more about Wisconsin’s dairy farms and the dairy industry’s economic impact on the state of Wisconsin. Kids can get their hands in a bucket of grain and even create milk fireworks!
- Get MOOving Fun and Fitness Zone: Dairy products play a vital role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In this zone, kids can participate in several athletic stations while they learn about the nutrition dairy products provide.
- My Dairyland Scavenger Hunt: Kids will receive a free T-shirt when they get their cards stamped at each zone to show they have found answers to some dairy fun facts.