Mark your calendars for the upcoming University of Wisconsin-Extension Pest Management Update meetings scheduled Nov. 12-16 at various locations around the state.
“This has been a challenging season in general with crops, especially corn and soybean, across the state with flooding and disease issues that happened prior to the flooding events,” said Damon Smith, University of Wisconsin-Extension field crops pathology specialist at UW-Madison. “There will be good research-based information at the Extension fall and winter update meetings and attending these meetings will be beneficial when making plans for the 2019 season.”
Presentation topics at the Pest Management Update Meetings include agronomic pest management information for Wisconsin field and forage crops. Speakers include Mark Renz and Rodrigo Werle, UW-Extension weed scientists at UW-Madison, Damon Smith, UW-Extension plant pathologist at UW-Madison, and Bryan Jensen, integrated pest management coordinator at UW-Madison/Extension.
Meetings will run for three hours. The focus of the first two hours provides emphasis on research updates and important highlights from the 2018 field season. The second session will be an interactive diagnostic troubleshooting exercise based on issues observed in the 2018 field season.
Register with the host Extension county agent at least one week prior to the meeting at the location you wish to attend.
Dates, meeting locations, and registration contact information are:
- Monday, Nov. 12, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.: Marshfield, Marshfield Agricultural Research Station, 2611 Yellowstone Drive. Contact: Richard Halopka, UW-Extension Clark County, Courthouse Rm. 104, 517 Court Street, Neillsville, WI 54456; (715) 743-5121.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Chippewa Falls, Lake Hallie Eagles Club, 2588 Hallie Road. Contact: Jerry Clark, UW-Extension Chippewa County, 711 N. Bridge Street Chippewa Falls, WI 54729; (715) 726-7950.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Platteville, UW-Platteville Student Center – University Rooms, 1 University Plaza. Contact: Amanda Cauffman, UW-Extension Grant County, 916 E. Elm Street, Lancaster, WI 53813; (608) 723-2125.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.: Janesville, Holiday Inn Express Janesville, 3100 Wellington Place (I-90 and US Highway 14, West on 14). Contact: Nick Baker, UW-Extension Rock County, 51 S. Main Street, Janesville, WI 53545; (608) 757-5698.
- Thursday, Nov. 15, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Fond du Lac, UW-Fond du Lac, Rm 113 University Center, 400 University Drive. Contact: Tina Engelhardt, UW-Extension Fond du Lac County, 227 Admin/Extension Bldg. 400 University Dr., Fond du Lac, WI 54935; (920) 929-3171.
- Thursday, Nov. 15, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.: Kimberly, Liberty Hall, 800 Eisenhower Drive. Contact: Kevin Jarek, UW-Extension Outagamie County, 3365 W. Brewster St., Appleton, WI 54914; (920) 832-5128.
- Friday, Nov. 16, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Bangor, Log Cabin, Jones Road. Contact: Kaitlyn Lance, UW-Extension La Crosse County, 212 6thStreet North, La Crosse, WI 54601; (608) 785-9593.
For more information contact, Damon Smith, UW-Extension Field Crops Pathology Specialist, 608-286-9706,