The Wisconsin State Fair Dairy Promotion Board is looking for crew members for their milking demonstration. The description of the position is listed below:
• Oversee the care of eight dairy cows and six goats. Treat them if they were your own animals.
• There should always be A MINIMUM of TWO people watching the animals at all times during the day. FOUR should be present during each milking demo. For nightline, one person must be on. Cow milking demos are four times daily and goat milking demos are three times daily
• Morning chores should be completed no later than 8 a.m. Morning chores include washing cows, feeding, cleaning the bedding pack feeding calves and goats, sweeping aisles and helping sweep out Dairy Lane
• Check on the calf and goat area throughout the day. Freshen water and clean the pen if necessary
• Respectfully interact with fair attendees and answer questions
• Be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Familiarity with cattle husbandry and cattle handling best practices
Compensation: $100 a day plus food and lodging
Submit a resume and cover letter to Liz Matzke at [email protected].