he University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension is hosting an industrial hemp virtual field day on September 18, from 11 a.m.1 p.m. The field day will address topics of industrial hemp production for fiber, seed, essential oils, and economics via presentations and field video.
- Dr. Shelby Ellison, UW Madison, Assistant Professor, Department of Horticulture
- Haleigh Ortmeier-Clarke, Graduate Student, UW Madison, Department of Horticulture
- Shaheer Burney, Assistant Professor, UW River Falls, Department of Agricultural Economics
- Phillip Alberti, Extension Educator University of Illinois Extension
- Esther Shekinah, Research Scientist, Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
- James DeDecker, Director – Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center Michigan State University
- Marguerite Bolt, Hemp Extension Specialist Indiana Purdue University
- Carl Duley, Buffalo County Agriculture Extension Agent
- Jerry Clark, Chippewa County Agriculture Extension Agent.
There is no cost to participate. Registration is available at https://go.wisc.edu/60oic1 Participants will receive an email a few days prior to the event with the connection information.
For more information, contact the Chippewa County Extension Office at (715) 726-7955.