County fair season is right around the corner and Compeer Financial is showing its support for fairs by granting $57,000 to 19 different fairs and organizations throughout Wisconsin. Counties that received these grants included Grant County, Sheboygan County, Dodge County, and Ozaukee County. According to a complete list, fairs will be using the money to do anything from purchasing livestock scales to new rabbit cages to updating lighting fixtures for the judging area.
“The purpose of these grants is to help make upgrades and repairs to fairgrounds and facilities so fairs can continue to bring people together to experience agriculture,” said Karen Schieler, Senior Corporate Giving Specialist at Compeer.
Groups that received money got anywhere between $2,750 and $3,000. A complete list of what each group is using the grant for is below:
- Alto 4-H and Farm Bureau Fair; to upgrade blacktop on fairgrounds
- Bayfield County Fair; to repair roof, fascia boards, gutters and replace trusses and rafter ends in horse barn
- Buffalo County Fair; to purchase swine, sheep and goat scale
- Burnett County Agricultural Fair; for updated lighting and safety signage in cattle barn
- Columbia County Fair Association; to construct a concrete platform with walls for manure storage
- Crawford County Meat Animal Auction; to extend the swine and sheep barn
- Dodge County Fair Association; for new roof, soffit and fascia, and updated lighting and electrical on milkhouse
- Grant County Fair; to remove old fountains and install water cooler bottle filling stations
- Green County Ag Society and Mechanics Institute; to improve electrical service in beef barn
- Jackson County Agricultural Society Inc.; for gates and pens for small animals
- Monroe County Agricultural Society; to purchase new animal scales, platforms and heads
- Ozaukee County Agricultural Society; to pave road and walkway leading to 4-H barns
- Racine County Agricultural Society Inc.; to repair and rebuild livestock wash rack
- Rock County 4-H Fair; to replace roof, repair front door and siding on 4-H Fair Museum
- Sheboygan County Fair Association; to replace concrete aisles in livestock buildings
- St. Croix County Fair Inc.; for updated lighting in judging arena
- Vernon County Agricultural Society Inc.; for new rabbit cages
- Washburn County Junior Fair Association; to replace signs on buildings and entrance
- Winnebago County Fair Association; to purchase gates for beef barn, signs for fairgrounds and to restore entrance archway
Compeer will be offering this grant program once again in March 2020.