The Association of Women in Agriculture (AWA) has awarded 20 scholarships to undergraduate AWA members. The scholarships were given on April 14, 2018, during the annual AWA Day. $11,000 in scholarships were awarded to active members.
AWA Scholarship Awards and Recipients Include:
Dr. Larry Satter Memorial scholarship
- Brooke Moore, Food Science major from Gratiot, WI.
- Molly Hendrickson, Life Sciences Communication Major from Hollandale, WI.
- Emma Olstad, Dairy Science major from Stoughton, WI
- Madeline Selner, Life Sciences Communication and English Language and Linguistics major from Denmark, WI.
Dr. David Dickson Memorial scholarship
- Riley Miller, Dairy Science major, from Evansville, WI.
Delma Woodburn Memorial scholarship
- Stephanie Thiel, Food Science major from Plymouth, WI.
Cynthia Benevenga Memorial scholarship
- Rebecca Shilts, Dairy Science major from Orfordville, WI.
AWA House Resident scholarships
- Noelle Austin, Pre-Pharmacy student from Belleville, WI.
- Julia Oelke, Genetics major from Merrill, WI.
- Summer Henschel, Dairy Science major from Elkhart Lake, WI.
AWA Active Member scholarships
*Awarded to students who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to AWA
- Rachel Gries, Dairy Science major from Manitowoc, WI.
- Emily Franke, Dairy Science major from Oakfield, WI.
- Rachel Gerbitz, Dairy Science and Life Sciences Communication major, Eau Claire, WI.
- Keisha Verbeten, Dairy Science and Agronomy major from Wrightstown, WI.
- Brooke Trustem, Dairy Science major from Evansville, WI
- Stephanie Hoff, Life Sciences Communication Major from Thorp, WI.
$1,000 scholarships, provided in support by the Daughters of Demeter
- Amber Dammen, Dairy Science and Life Sciences Communication major, Argyle, WI.
- Ciera Ballmer, Dairy Science major from Janesville, WI.
- Emily Matzke, an Animal Science and Life Sciences Communication major, Sauk Prairie, WI.
Nicole Bangart Memorial Scholarship
- Kate Vickerman, Genetics and Life Sciences Communication major from Milton, WI.
Kelsey Olson Memorial scholarship
- Elizabeth Sarbacker, Dairy Science major from Verona, WI.
The Grateful Badger scholarship
*First time awarded and it will rotate each year between AWA and Alpha Gamma Rho-Iota (AGR). This scholarship is made possible by AWA and AGR alumni, Krista Knigge and Corey Geiger.
- Jessica Wendt, an Agricultural Business Management major from Stoughton, Wisconsin.
The AWA alumni are proud to provide continuous support to active students as they attend the
University of Wisconsin-Madison and achieve their goals.
AWA is a 501c7 non-profit professional student organization at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison housed in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The organization
was founded in the spring of 1973 and now has a membership of over 100 young women and
an alumni and associate members and friends’ membership of over 500 people who all share a
passion for agriculture. The organization is built upon the three pillars of professional, service,
and social with a goal of improving communication among women in agriculture and helping
them achieve their goals. AWA provides student housing for 24 members at its house
located near the agricultural campus at UW-Madison. AWA hosts member events to support
professional development, leadership and networking as well as public agricultural educational
activities to promote agricultural awareness. For more information, visit http://awamadison.org